Thursday, February 26, 2015

The power of social media

Last week I got my 15 minutes of fame, well it was more like 15 seconds…more than I’ve ever wanted/needed.

image
It all started out with a venting on Facebook and before I knew it I had over 100 (!) comments and more were coming…

A Facebook-friend noticed all the commotion and suddenly I was asked if I would like to interviewed by NRK Østlandssendingen for a segment. The interview resulted in an article published on nrk.no here and a follow-up article here. Sorry to my international readers, both articles are in Norwegian. If you’re interested in the TV segment, it’s available here (aired on NRK February 18th – not sure if this can be viewed if you have a non-Norwegian IP-address) The TV segment was originally aired as part of Østlandssendingen, but when they saw the buzz this segment created it was bumped up to the 9 o’clock news for the whole nation to see.

The articles and TV segment has triggered intense discussions on social media Facebook (especially on NRKs FB-page), Twitter and even in my workplace. This subjects obviously sparks a reaction with most people.

Just so I’m clear, the article has focused on the part of yoghurt not being allowed in kindergartens in my district. But this is just a part of a bigger plan which I’m very positive towards – focus on eating healthy and more activity. Statistics in my district show an increasing number of  overweight children, so this focus on diet and activity as early as kindergarten is awareness at an early age. The results of this focus is yet to be seen.

So there you have it, me and SweetieS 15 seconds of fame all thanks to Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...