Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Lunchbox makeover

July month is a month out of the ordinary in the kindergarten BabyS attends. In cooperation with a few surrounding kindergartens, they are open all Summer. For us this means I have to remember to pack an extra lunchbox for BabyS.

With the need for an extra lunchbox every day I needed a few more boxes, as BabyS only has a few. Well I couldn’t find any I liked when roaming the stores, so I decided I would find simple food containers and pimp the.

I started with these containers from Biltema. I bought the sizes 570ml and 830ml. The difference being the height I could use the lids on both sizes.


very plain boxes…

I used a few stamps I had laying around (a clear stamps set from Michaels – Recollections #171837, and a Inkadinkado stamp set called “Welcome baby” #60–30108) and some jet black Staz-on ink. To color the animals I used fine point Sharpies (any permanent marker should do the trick), I used these. I love how the lids turned out!

matboksCollage
the result…

This was fun and I plan on doing this to more lids when BabyL needs lunchboxes…or when I can get my hands on a few more boxes from Biltema. And if BabyS gets tired of the motives I’ve used on these lids, I can always use some ink cleaner to remove the stamped images and give the box a new makeover.

- have you given boxes a new look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...