Monday, April 28, 2014

Heads-up! Yarn sale right around the corner

In a knitting mood these days. So thought I would let my readers know of the sale Drops announced over the weekend. 35% off all wool yarns. So go get your projects in a row and start hoarding come May. Engel
28-04-2014 12-53-5226 types of yarns to choose from – wohoo!
After finally finishing up the stroller bag I gave away to Hoaneypoos baby boy (here), I’ve taken on another project…a “sleeve” for the stroller bag I already have. The stroller bag I have is a little dated…as it was bought when my big sister was born…33 years(!) ago. Thanks Mummy for hanging on to it for so long! Well with it’s  red Scottish pattern I feel it’s time to update it…
Photo 28.04.14 18 46 36
here’s a picture of it as it has been the last few decades…
I don’t intend on making a stroller bag like the one I made for Hoaneypoo….just a lined sleeve for a stroller bag I already have. The above mentioned bag works just fine, just needs a little updating. This way I have less work ahead and might even finish before my due date. Spring has come to Oslo and great for evenings outside knitting…
I’ve seen there’s a trend starting with other knittable bloggers posting pictures of their knitted stroller bags. Guess RisaRosa had to get some competition sooner or later. How can you not fall in love with their bags?
Here are some of the ones I’ve come across, I just had to share their beautiful creations:
(Sorry to my International readers, these posts are in Norwegian – but they are for inspirational purposes only, please respect the copyrights attatched)
- Hestvold (with pattern – though in Norwegian)
- Mamma Solveig
- Speiltvillingene
This time I’m giving Drops Alaska a go (bought @Drops previous yarn sale). I’ve never knitted with this yarn before, but so far things are looking good.
Again I’ve drawn inspiration from RisaRosa, Drops and my creative self. Will post pictures as soon as I’m done.
- do you have a favorite Drops wool yarn?
- have you started knitting a stroller bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...