Monday, June 3, 2013

Talk about knitting

As I mentioned in an earlier post….baby blankets for all my friends who have given birth lately. A few have still yet to be given their rightful owners…but I thought I would post these pictures while BabyS was sleeping and I don’t forget…

The pattern

The result

I used my favorite blanket pattern by Pickles
http://www.pickles.no/p-veg-helseteppe/

Knitted in Babyull by Viking
IMG_3720
I wanted to make a stars and stripes blanket, but couldn’t find a pattern. As I couldn’t decide which color I wanted as the main color I wound up making this one a reversible on, like the one I made for BabyS.

Also knitted in Babyull by Viking
IMG_3806
I’ve wanted to try out the pattern for Mor Signe blankets – knitted diagonally in stead of strait up…

While surfing, I came across this beautiful blanket.

Knitted in Ullteppegarn by Gjestal.
IMG_3944
And my latest creation, a simple blanket for sweet baby Maja.

This is a reinvented version of Garnstudios pattern Bundle of joy. Instead of the blackberry pattern I stayed to plain garter stich (I think it’s called)

To make the name part, I found a cool font on my computer, typed up the name and saved it as a picture. I then converted the picture into a pattern with knitPro – this is a super online tool! Makes a pattern from most pictures. Don’t remember who tipped me, but thank you!
IMG_4137

Hope the newly made families appreciate the blanket they receive. After making so many blankets the past few months I’m taking a break from my blanket producing days. For some reason I tried out the game Candy Crush Saga and I’m totally hooked!

- have you knitted any blankets lately?
- which model is your favorite?

So off to get me some Candy Crush….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...