Monday, April 22, 2013

Glow in the dark cake

I finally got a hold of some pandan paste. Bought from this sweet Ebayer.

Here @CasaR Pandan bread is a favorite. Sweet and fragrant the Pandan buns don’t stand a chance. Pandan bread are widely available at Asian stores here in Oslo, in the freezer. But I thought it would be fun to be able to make them myself. So I went online and did some research. I didn’t find much about making Pandan buns, but lots of versions of Pandan Chiffon cake. That’s one tasty cake! I know from my tastings in Singapore of Pandan Kueh. So I thought I would give it a try…

Thank you to I at, I shoot, I post blog post with all his experience from making chiffon cakes. That post is here.

IMG_3866

My notes from this try:
- more pandan paste (you can’t taste the green coloring Smile with tongue out)
- if possible add pandan juice
- I did have some big bubbles in the cake, so maybe try getting more of them out before baking it in the oven

- Have you made a colored cake that looks strange but tastes great?
- What’s your favorite Pandan flavored food?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...