Friday, October 26, 2012

Going all woolly…

These days the temperature here at “the top of Oslo” has dropped below zero degrees Celsius. And here in Norway we have a saying: “There’s no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing”. Being a mother with maternity leave I have a lot of time off to walk with BabyS in her stroller – in the increasingly colder weather. Well the other day a friend of mine recommended Pierre Robert Wool Collections tops.

I got a hold of a few tops the other day. And now I can say Love  THEM! They are made of a wool and silk blend, and super thin…therefore not bulky beneath whatever I decide to wear.

What I love about these tops…
Like the design is plain and simple…no granny-feeling here.
LikeThey are available in beautiful colors…(I think I have all the available colors already-shhh don’t tell DaddyO)…I’ve seen these colors in the stores: black, nature (an off-white nuance), brown, grey, aqua (a marine blue version) and color I think is called port (a dark purple-red-ish color).
LikeThey are also available in sleeveless and with long sleeve…whatever rocks your boat.

the sleeveless version

with long sleeves

pictures borrowed from the Pierre Robert website

LikeOne of the great qualities of wool is its’ ability to transport away moisture, thereby keeping you warm.
Like Wool also has a self-cleaning ability, so if you just air out after use you can use the clothes more than a day before washing. Perfect for a new mum like me…finding time to do the laundry isn’t always easy with a baby around. Or is that just me procrastinating???

Like And the elasticity is the blend makes these tops perfect for a breastfeeding mum like me.

DislikeOnly down side I can come up with, is the price. Wool clothing isn’t particularly cheap here in Norway, and Pierre Robert isn’t an exception. But they are widely available, as they are available in most convenience stores. Some stores also have regularly sales on Pierre Robert clothes, so checking around can save you some money.

These days I don’t go anywhere without one of these underneath… Have you tried Pierre Robert Wool Collection? What do you think about the clothes available?

2 comments:

  1. hello
    I'm from France, I have some of those topper,and i lov them so much!!!! do you know if it's possible to buy them online?

    Thanks for you answer
    have a nice day
    Véronique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour!
      Yeah, these tops are great!
      As far as I know these are not available online...sorry. Have you tried contacting the customer service @Pierre Robert (via their website)?
      Here in Norway they are available in convenience stores...so I bought them when out shopping for groceries.
      How did you get hold of the one you already have?
      Thanks for dropping by,
      hugs
      TweedyBird

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...